Don Mills [Visitor Pass] Miami, FL
Get your visitor pass to spend a day with Don Mills at REZORT MIAMI.
A unique "fly-on-the-wall" experience: gain access, network and learn from one of the best.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Fill out the inquiry form and complete the transaction. After choosing which day you would like to visit Rezort Miami, that's it! You'll receive a follow up email with the address + some info on how to best prepare for the experience.
- Anything can happen on any given day at Rezort Miami. There might be a writing session. It might be a day of "beat making", or "loop making". Maybe we're recording a podcast. Be there front and center and get to know the team behind it all.
- A true "fly-on-the-wall" experience, spend a day with your favorite creator. Watch them in their element creating music from scratch, ask questions and even play some of your music for feedback. You might even strike a collaboration (not guaranteed).
- Take a lunch break with other members of The Rezort, order in, take a swim, hang out in the lounge for a bit, or have a smoke outside. Our home is your home for the day. Enjoy everything that The Rezort has to offer.
CAN I CREATE MUSIC WHEN I'M THERE?
- Not really. The "visitor pass" experience is not necessarily meant for that. You're not actually booking a room to use for you own time. The VISITOR PASS does not guarantee a "collab" with your mentor (although if he/she likes your music, it can happen and is entirely up to them!). We encourage visitors to observe, network and get to know their mentor. Ask questions and even play some of your music. This is NOT an actual booked session to create music.
CAN I BRING GUESTS?
- You are allowed to bring maximum ONE guest. No exceptions (we want to keep these experiences as private and low key as possible to respect everyone in the studio house).
CAN I USE THE POOL?
- YES! Enjoy all of what The Rezort has to offer, including the pool (swimming trunks required and we are not liable for any injuries).
AM I ALLOWED TO GO INTO OTHER ROOMS?
- It is best to stick around the room(s) that your mentor is working in. Other sessions may be happening in the other studio rooms and we want to be respectful. DO NOT enter any rooms you are not welcome in. You are free to use the lounge, kitchen, backyard lounge and pool + wherever your mentor will be throughout the day.
WHAT TIME DOES IT START?
- Typically the time slot for the VISITOR PASS experience is 12PM - 4PM, although there may be exceptions based on your mentor's schedule.
WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
- Rezort Miami is located in Palmetto Bay, FL which is about a 30min drive south from downtown Miami.
ABOUT DON MILLS:
In the late 2010's, Don Mills honed his production and songwriting skills as an indie-funk artist in Toronto, releasing music like the atmospheric "The Fix" and the pumping "Strangers In The Sun." Since relocating to Miami, Mills has made his mark on the pop world through his work on GIVEON's richly detailed debut LP, Give Or Take, as well as Alessia Cara's electro-pop throwback cut "Lie To Me."